URGENT RECALL OF SOLAR GLASSES!
We are sorry to inform you that due to new information provided by Amazon the eclipse viewing glasses we purchased may not be certified for viewing the eclipse. We were told these glasses were certified but over the weekend we were informed the certification may not be legitimate. We ask that you do not use these eclipse glasses, we can not guarantee that they will properly protect your eyes. We will gladly refund anyone who purchased these glasses through us. Below is the information provided by amazon:
“To protect your eyes when viewing the sun or an eclipse, NASA and the American Astronomical Society (AAS) advise you to use solar eclipse glasses or other solar filters from recommended manufacturers. Viewing the sun or an eclipse using any other glasses or filters could result in loss of vision or permanent blindness.
Amazon has not received confirmation from the supplier of your order that they sourced the item from a recommended manufacturer. We recommend that you DO NOT use this product to view the sun or the eclipse.”
Our office is so sorry for this inconvenience. Located below is a list given to us from the American Astronomical Society as recommendations on where to get your approved eclipse glasses. Please enjoy the eclipse safely!
Solar Viewer Brands
- American Paper Optics (Eclipser) / EclipseGlasses.com / 3dglasses
- APM Telescopes (Sunfilter Glasses)*
- Baader Planetarium (AstroSolar Silver/Gold Film)*
- Celestron (EclipSmart Glasses & Viewers)
- Daylight Sky (plastic glasses only)
- DayStar (Solar Glasses)
- Explore Scientific (Solar Eclipse Sun Catcher Glasses)
- Halo Solar Eclipse Spectacles
- Lunt Solar Systems (SUNsafe SUNglasses) [see their unique kid-size eclipse glasses]
- Meade Instruments (EclipseView Glasses & Viewers)
- Rainbow Symphony (Eclipse Shades) [sold out]
- Seymour Solar (Helios Glasses)
- Thousand Oaks Optical (Silver-Black Polymer & SolarLite)
181 Charlotte Street
Asheville, NC 28801
*NEW* Seasonal Hours- MONDAYS ONLY Monday: 1:00pm – 5:30PM Tuesday: 8:30AM – 5:30PM Wednesday: 10:00AM – 7:00PM Thursday: 8:30AM – 5:30PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 4:30PM