A Patient Portal is available for Established Patients! Please call our office to set this up for you and your family.
Please fill out your New Patient Forms when they arrive to you via text and email.
If you are an established patient, please fill out the forms sent to you via text and email to update any changes in your medical history, insurance information, and contact information.
Planning your visit
IMPORTANT INSURANCE AND VISION PLAN INFORMATION:
We request updated Vision Plan and Medical Insurance information prior to your appointment. As a courtesy to our patients, our team will verify your insurance information provided to us.
Although we may choose to wait for your insurance company to pay their portion of your fees, you are ultimately responsible for the remaining balance due.
We strive to answer the following questions in order to maximize your vision benefits for eye health screenings and eyewear prescribed by your doctor:
- What kind of Vision Plan or Medical Insurance benefits do you have?
- How much is your annual deductible and has it been met?
- What vision services are covered by your medical insurance or vision plan?
- What is the allowable reimbursement for each service we provide?
- What material savings are available?
CANCELLATION POLICY: One full business day’s notice is needed to cancel or reschedule your eye health exam. A $179 fee will be applied to your account for any cancellations or changes within one business day of your scheduled appointment.
TARDY POLICY (For ALL appointment types): we will need to reschedule your visit if you are more than 10 minutes late past your scheduled appointment time.
We will work directly with you and your vision provider to submit claims regarding your vision care. Many vision plans are designed to cover basic vision-related costs, but not all costs associated with eye care. Please call our office at 828.254.6757 for further information.
Most vision plans require a co-payment for routine exams, contact lens evaluations, and lens options for glasses.
In-Network Plans at Envision Eyecare: EyeMed, VSP, Community Eyecare, and UNUM.
Out-of-Network Plans: Davis Vision (FEP Blue Cross Blue Shield), Wellcare (Premier Vision), Medicaid, Superior Vision, and Spectera Vision (usually under UnitedHealthcare Vision).
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS:
Many employers offer Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) options for employees. They are designed to let you save money in an account, pre-tax, to pay for medical expenses such as eye exams, glasses, and contacts. Check with your employer’s benefits manager to ask if you are eligible for this program. These accounts can typically be used in conjunction with any vision plan benefits to offset out-of-pocket costs on your behalf.
Our Asheville optometry staff understands that cost is a concern when evaluating vision care providers. We do not want cost to be an obstacle to maintaining proper eye health and good vision. Various forms of payment are accepted including cash, check, major credit cards, and CareCredit.
To best care for our young patients, children between the ages of 4-15 years old are expected to have their parents or guardians in the office with them throughout the duration of the exam experience.
Decisions and information needed by the representing adult during this time include:
- Retinal Screening Images
- Exam outcomes with prescribed treatment plan written by the doctor
- Glasses or contact lenses order fulfillment
- Exam and service payments
We are happy to care for your entire family’s eye health, through all the ages!
What to Expect From Your Envision Eyecare Team
- We believe in building and maintaining strong community relationships! The health and safety of our community of patients is our top priority.
- We are scheduling patients by appointment only to maintain a safe number of people in the office.
- We are offering curbside pick-up for all therapeutic products and contact lens orders, for your convenience!
- We are seeing patients for routine and emergency eyecare needs!
- Are you looking for a new optometrist? We are here for you!
- Give us a call at 828-254-6757 to schedule your exam with us!
- We are taking every precaution to keep our team and our patients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.